I’m currently a PhD student in Math and I’m on F1 status. I’ve received a postdoc offer at another university and I’m planning to request an F1 OPT.
My problem is, the OPT requires my job to be ‘directly related’ to my major field of study. My major as listed in the I-20 is ‘Mathematics, General’, but my postdoc position will be in a group in a department of Chemical Engineering.
My specific duties are all related to my dissertation (deriving mathematical models, building computational algorithms). The problem is that the department name (Chemical Engineering) does not seem very… Continue reading
Thanks for the concise information in your website.
I am a Ph.D. student with F1 visa. I was wondering, if I applied for NIW can I apply for OPT?
Hi, I am a Chinese in the last year of my PhD training in US university. I would like to apply for EB1A. I have 25+ papers, 10+ first author (IF 4.0-6.0), 400 citation and several patents. Should I apply for OPT before I submit the petition in case my petition get denied or I have a strong EB1A case and don’t need OPT. Or can I apply for OPT after my petition? Thanks
- Pending I-140, can I apply for a H1?
- eligible phd's for green card
- Student 15 publications applying for green card
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- NIW for educators
- EB1A petitioned by employer
- I-485 for EB1A
- Question: Masters and EB2
- Questions for the EB1A DIY product
- Area of PhD research and green card