There is a section in the I-485 form that asks for membership in societies, groups or associations. I noticed your filled form left that section blank. Am I expected to fill that part if I am a part of professional associations like American Public Health Association, especially considering I mentioned that I was in my I-140 petition that I was a member of these professional associations?
I would like to do a concurrent filing (I-140 and I-485) and have some questions.
- In my case, 2-years rule does not apply. Am I right that I don’t have to get J1 waiver?
- My J1 visa was expired but my DS2019 is valid until the end of November 2018. Is it ok?
- Let’s say, I’ll file all the documents for I-140 and I-485 this month. My DS2019 is valid until the end of November. May it be a problem? If I don’t get EAD by those time, I won’t be able to renew DS2019? Do the strart to… Continue reading
I am currently in a J1-status and my DS-2019 will expire in Aug 2019. My I-140 EB2-NIW got recently approved. I am planning to apply for I-485 after J1 waiver.What happens if my J1 expires while my AOS is still pending? As far as I know, we can apply EAD. Can I use that EAD to continue my work as a postdoc? My wife also works as a J2-dependent. Does my AOS filing affect her employment?
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- STEM OPT
- Applying for I-485 while i-140 is pending
- Information about reference letters
- EB1 Petition approval
- F1 student with EAD in hand (from concurent NIW EB@ application) can work off-campus part-time unrelated job
- EB1A eligibility
- Upset after talking to lawyers and seeking help to self-apply.
- Am I eligible to apply for EB1A