I’m a postdoctoral associate for about 2 years and my contract is finishing in 6 months. I have J1 visa, which I applied from UK (My PhD is from UK), although I’m a Sri Lankan citizen. My DS2019 form say that I’m not subjected to 2 years requirement (also nothing mention about the two year requirement in my J1 visa page).
- According to my DS form my field code is 26.0210. According to the US.STATE.GOV site, for Sri Lankans, this sub-category is not subjected to two year requirement. But as my current work is funded by NIH, do I… Continue reading
I’m now living in us under J1 visa without 2 years requirement. My question is: Is it possible to apply directly from J1 to green card? Or I must transfer to H1B before applying for green card?
- I-485 application and affidavit of support
- EB1A for Unemployed Ph.D graduate
- I-485 impact on F1 status
- EB1A with single evidence
- Packet for EB2-NIW Entrepreneurs
- Indian national on J visa and self-petition
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR
- Vehicle Safety Engineer
- Research Associate
- H1B extension and I-140 petition