Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal… Continue reading
- IT teacher and Green card self-petition
- PhD graduate on OPT status
- Green card awarded
- I cannot decide the category that best fits my case (EB1A or NIW)
- Question: Can I apply?
- Is EB1a right for me?
- Response period after completion of biometrics
- NIW self petetion
- Applying for greencard while on OPT
- Maintaining F1 status while I 485 is pending