Applicability: H1B applicants
WASHINGTON April 9, 2009 — USCIS announced an updated number of filings for H-1B petitions for the fiscal year 2010 program.
USCIS has received approximately 42,000 H-1B petitions counting toward the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 cap. The agency continues to accept petitions subject to the general cap.
Additionally, the agency has received approximately 20,000 petitions for aliens with advanced degrees; however, we continue to accept advanced degree petitions since experience has shown that not all petitions received are approvable. Congress mandated that the first 20,000 of these types of petitions are exempt from any fiscal year cap… Continue reading
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa
- PHD student
- Divorce - EB2 NIW Holder
- Research Associate
- EB-1A evaluation (Pharmaceutical research background)
- Does my phd need to be in STEM field?
- TN Visa to EB2NIW
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Where should I send the EB-1 application package