How many publications do i need to apply for a green card?
Thank you for running a great website which is extremely useful for rest of us. I am a recent Phd graduate and unfortunately My PI wasn’t the best and screwed my papers. I only have one publication and I am currently a post doc (been six months). I have been told that one needs multiple publications and/or patents to be able to file green card under EB1A or NIW category? If possible could you guide on this a little bit please.
It is not necessary that you have a lot of publications or patents. However it does depend on several factors such as how well are your few publications received and used by others in the field. conference papers are also counted as scientific contributions. We had applicants with as few as 5 (conference plus peer reviewed) papers total succeed in NIW. Please see the list of requirements in the EB1a and NIW categories and if you can make a list and send us a resume we might be able to help better.
You can also see our example petition to see how and what evidence you can use.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Which processing center should I apply for fast processing of I-140?
- EB1A filing while Unemployed
- Should I apply in EB1A or EB2NIW?
- Will my profile be eligible for EB1 category
- GREEN CARD WHILE VISA 01
- Can I apply on my own?
- PhD with CPT
- Request for pointers to approach Green Card Application
- Self-petition with only few publications
- Applying for Green Card while on H4