Pending I-140 travel on F1 or Advanced parole
Question: I got my OPT 17 months extension in May 2013, and last month I applied for I-140 (NIW). I’m planning to visit my country in near future, so I think it would be better to have H1 rather than F1-OPT. I have following questions:Q1: during the processing time of I-140, can I apply for H1 (academic by the University)?
Q2: After obtaining H1 if I140 is still not approved can I go outside USA?
Q3:After obtaining H1, if I-140 is approved before I travel outside, can I travel outside USA before applying for I-485?
Q4: After having H1, and if I-140 is approved , and if I applied for I-485 before I travel outside USA, do I have to apply for travel document while I-485 is processing?
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
17 Responses to Pending I-140 travel on F1 or Advanced parole
- Applying from outside the USA
- EB1 Eligibility
- F1 student with EAD in hand (from concurent NIW EB@ application) can work off-campus part-time unrelated job
- Green card chances: I am planning to go for Phd in Psychology
- TN Visa to EB2NIW
- How much does the institute matter for postdoc to apply the green card?
- Assistant Profesor
- Postdoc, I want to know processing times
- Student applying in EB2-NIW