Self help packets

Recent Posts

Can I apply my own? What green card application options does a postdoc have? USCIS delays rule changing list of documents acceptable to verify employment eligibility

Yearly Archives

Looking for information on application for Green Card as PHD student

Published Feb 12,2019 By Vibha S


I am PHD student and currently completing my doctoral studies in Public Health Sciences. I am looking  for information to file for green card as self petitioning.

I am on H4-EAD visa and working in government non-profit organization at Public Health department.

Is it possible, if I self apply for green card as my employer had never sponsored their candidates for visa?



Posted in Self Petitioning
Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Tigran Kalaydzhyan
Tigran Kalaydzhyan
5 years ago

Yes, it is possible. If you get a PhD in a health-related discipline, then EB2-NIW is usually a good option. Please let me know what is your country of birth (as well as your spouse’s), because the waiting times for nationals of different countries vary a lot.

Self help packets

Recent Posts

Approved NIW I-140

Recent Posts

I-140 and J1 home residency rule

Recent Posts

Public Policy researcher

Recent Posts

Approved I-140