Blog for Postdocs / Phds, National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Ability

Disclaimer: The contents in this web site are only for your information and are not intended to be legal advice. While many of our applicants successfully obtain their I-140 approvals, the information here should not be considered as a guarantee of your green card application outcome.

Phd from non-US university and green card application


I am a PhD holder from UK working in Biofuels and currently residing in UK. I was wondering, since my qualification is not from any university from USA, am I eligible to apply under EB2-NIW scheme?. I will be grateful if you can advice me on this issue.

Kind Regards


You can apply even if your phd is not from the US. The main requirement is that you need to satisfy uscis requirements  in this category. Please see uscis requirements for EB2-niw. Also if you see some example petitions, it will give you an idea as to how to apply.

Best of luck

Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *