Starting a company on F1
USCIS does not restrict starting a company on F1 or H1b or GC. However if you are a student, your opt or cpt should be authorized appropriately so that you can work for the company you own. Appropriate work authorization is tricky in this situation.
Starting a company on H1b is also tricky. H1b is usually tied to one employer. If you already have a H1b, you can start and own a company but cannot work for it with the same H1b. You will need a second H1b to work for your company. Alternatively, you can own part of the company and the other partner (who has a GC or is a citizen) who works for the company can hire you by sponsoring a H1b.
Best of luck
Green card for phd team.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Visa Bulletin for November 2012
- EB-1A evaluation (Pharmaceutical research background)
- EB1A Eligibility
- Question related to Do-it-yourself package
- What work basis do I choose for my petition?
- Question: Masters and EB2
- Do I need to do a PostDoc to apply for a green crad?
- Can I apply my own?
- Joining PhD and Green card question
- Self petition eligibility