I would like to do a concurrent filing (I-140 and I-485) and have some questions.
- In my case, 2-years rule does not apply. Am I right that I don’t have to get J1 waiver?
- My J1 visa was expired but my DS2019 is valid until the end of November 2018. Is it ok?
- Let’s say, I’ll file all the documents for I-140 and I-485 this month. My DS2019 is valid until the end of November. May it be a problem? If I don’t get EAD by those time, I won’t be able to renew DS2019? Do the strart to… Continue reading
I am currently in a J1-status and my DS-2019 will expire in Aug 2019. My I-140 EB2-NIW got recently approved. I am planning to apply for I-485 after J1 waiver.What happens if my J1 expires while my AOS is still pending? As far as I know, we can apply EAD. Can I use that EAD to continue my work as a postdoc? My wife also works as a J2-dependent. Does my AOS filing affect her employment?
I am filing i-485 for my wife and I based an approved I-140 of mine. I am confused as what category to choose for my wife in part 2 of application. I chose “alien worker, form i-140” for my self, but don’t know what applies to my wife as a derivative applicant. Apprecite any insight!
- Which criteria to use for EB2-NIW while preparing the petition
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Procedure to apply for greencard
- Need help on deciding between NIW-EB2 and O1
- F1 to GC: First year PhD student looking for information on applying for GC.
- OPT after green card application
- EB1/EB2 for Psyd
- STEM degree?
- Query about EB2-NIW
- If I drop out of Phd program, can I still apply for a Green Card?