PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
I am a PhD student, with only 2 conference publications. At the end of my PhD I might expect few more conference publications/ proceedings and 2 journal papers. I have 4 years of industrial experience in hometown raising from an Engineer level to Senior Engineer level.
I have two questions:
Will my qualification seem sufficient enough to apply immediately? If not, when would be appropriate? Typically how many journal publications does applicants possess? Will those publications based in U.S has more weight?
I am right now on F1 visa. If I do not get approved at this time, will I still remain on F1? Can I still opt for regular F1 to OPT to H1?
If I apply when I am in OPT, and if its gets rejected; will my status continue in OPT.
(I am aware that if I am in H1 visa and if the Green card petition gets rejected then I can still continue on H1 until my visa expires)
Please help me.
One Response to PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- PHD student
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- PhD in Physics from US, can I apply for a green card from abroad?
- EB1A approval
- Publications and green card self-petition
- EB2 NIW application with spouse
- Phd and work visa
- Where should I send the EB-1 application package
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition