Blog for Postdocs / Phds, National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Ability

Disclaimer: The contents in this web site are only for your information and are not intended to be legal advice. While many of our applicants successfully obtain their I-140 approvals, the information here should not be considered as a guarantee of your green card application outcome.



I have already applied for Asylum (i-589) and my case is pending, I got a job offer as a post-doc and my employer is willing to sponsor the H1B visa. Can I apply for the H1B visa in the same time my application for asylum is pending? Thanks

One Response to H1B

  • Tigran Kalaydzhyan says:

    Hello Muna,

    It depends on the history of your asylum case and whether you want only the H1B status or also the H1B visa stamp. Please consult with a lawyer, since there are many details that have to be taken into account. In order to obtain a work permit you can also apply for the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) by submitting Form I-765, if 150 days have passed since you filed I-589, see source below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *