Self-petition with only few publications
First and foremost, I’d like to express that I am extremely grateful to your service. I have found your website and handbook very useful.
I am currently a post-doc with only 2 publications. I should have another 2 publications in a year. I can get very strong recommendation letters. ALl the lawyers that I contacted said that it is very hard to get a green card without employer sponsorship. So I was very discouraged but reading your posts was encouraging.
What do you advise? Should I go ahead with the self-petition? Or should I wait to get more publications?
Thanks so much,
We have had several success with only a few publications as yours. But please remember the strength of your case is not simply your publications but the combined evidence you present. We suggest you look at our example petitions, make a list of all the possible evidence and decide what is the best option for your case. Also waiting till you get two more publications may be helpful depending on what rest of your evidence is.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Self-petition with only few publications
- Questions about the process
- Currently on OPT/EAD, applying for EB2-NIW
- EB1 Petition approval
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Russian Green card applicant
- h4 I-485
- Am I eligible for applying for EB-2A, NIW, or EB1 while a PhD student?
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Can my wife (J2 holder) get Green card if I get a Green card while on J1?
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval