Fresh PhD and self-petition
I completed my PhD in December 2014 from an university in the US. My area of concentration is Electrical Engineering. I am planning to apply for the Green Card (self petition) and I am really interested in using your DIY packet. I have some questions to clarify before I apply. I greatly appreciate your advice.
1. Can I apply for the Green Card when I am not employed? Currently I am looking for a job and helping a university professor in his project. Can I apply while I am doing volunteer work?
2. I am planning to travel outside the US in July. Can I submit I-140 petition from US and if get approved, is it possible to complete I-485 outside the US?
3. If not can I apply I-140 while I am out of country?
4. In this situation , which category is the most suitable for me to apply (NIW…EB1 ..?)?
Please help me with your valuable advice.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Eligibility for EB1A green card application
- F1 OPT to GC
- Publications and eligibility
- EB1A for Unemployed Ph.D graduate
- Pending I-140 travel on F1 or Advanced parole
- Do you have any success stories of artists/musicians that got the EB1a thru your packages?
- I-140 together with I-765 for H4 dependent spouse to get a working permit
- Journal publications and green card application
- How much does the institute matter for postdoc to apply the green card?