PhD graduate on OPT status
My name is Atul. I have recently graduated with PhD in civil engineering and on OPT status working as research assistant. My employer said he would file NIW green card in some time.
I have 3 publications and hoping to finish 1 soon. I worked with my professor to win a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant in wind energy. My work is related to renewable energy (wind energy), and I will work on the project is funded my National Science Foundation.
My aim is to get green card and I think NIW suits me more as of now. My doubts are
1) Is the transition from F1 to NIW possible without any risk? If NIW is denied in its initial stage does it affect my OPT extension status?
2) Academic H1B occurs very fast. So if I go that route is it possible to get NIW with academic H1B?
3) I just raed that J1 to NIW is risky also the F1 to NIW is risky and one should go only if sure. I did not get this.
4) Does I-140 approval in NIW is the indication of green card approval and could one leave the US for some work related travel?
One Response to PhD graduate on OPT status
- what to do with new dociments if I-140 was filed
- Work in USA without any sponsorship and Green card processing time in EB2 category
- Does my phd need to be in STEM field?
- EB1A eligibility
- Applying for a Green Card as a student
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- F1 to GC: First year PhD student looking for information on applying for GC.
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Approved EB1a. Applying with my husband. How long to wait for the interview?