Impact of I-140 rejection on my husband’s H1 visa status
I plan to apply for a I-140 first and then I-485. My husband is on OPT now, and will be applying for H1 in April. If my I-140 is rejected, will this affect his visa status?
Thank you for your advice.
The short answer is no. It won’t affect his H1.
But there is one avoidable scenario that can be a problem. Before the I-140 is rejected, if you happen to start using EAD’s from I-485 application, then the rejection will result in both of you becoming out of status. Since you don’t intend to apply for I-485 till I-140 is approved, this is not relevant to you.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Response period after completion of biometrics
- Graduate Research Assistant
- GC FOR EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
- GREEN CARD WHILE VISA 01
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- Can a DMA student apply for green card
- EB2 NIW application with spouse
- My Eb1a I-140 approved. Which documents should my husband fill?
- Follow up question on OPT and H1B green card