If I am a professor working on a J1 and decide to self petitpon to a Green Card, what happens to my current visa? Can I continue working? What if they want to extend my J1 after I’ve applied for the Green Card?
My story in nutshell:
Indian national married to Polish national. PhD from Ireland. Applied for J1 (J2 for wife as well) from Ireland. My visa and the ds2019 came with ‘Not subjected to 212e’.
Now I am 2 and 1/2 years into the visa and its time for me to move to another place. So my J1 needs to be transferred. However the issue now is that with this transfer, I am afraid that we might become subjected to the 212e rule especially because at my new place i will be funded by an US govt agency. Can you please… Continue reading
First, let me thank you. I got recently approved i-140 through NIW, using your package. I am on J1 visa and I am applying for adjustment of status. Do I have to file i-765 in order to keep working for my current institution? And what will be the expiration date on the EAD card if my husband who is on J2 visa files i-765 with i-485?
- Nepali Citizen planning to apply for a Green Card
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- Green card for master’s students
- Applying for I-485 while i-140 is pending
- PhD in vision computing seeking to apply green card
- Query about EB2-NIW
- I only have a few publication.
- Question: Can I apply?
- EB2 NIW pending, H1b six years expiring soon