I’m a postdoctoral associate for about 2 years and my contract is finishing in 6 months. I have J1 visa, which I applied from UK (My PhD is from UK), although I’m a Sri Lankan citizen. My DS2019 form say that I’m not subjected to 2 years requirement (also nothing mention about the two year requirement in my J1 visa page).
- According to my DS form my field code is 26.0210. According to the US.STATE.GOV site, for Sri Lankans, this sub-category is not subjected to two year requirement. But as my current work is funded by NIH, do I… Continue reading
I’m now living in us under J1 visa without 2 years requirement. My question is: Is it possible to apply directly from J1 to green card? Or I must transfer to H1B before applying for green card?
If I am a professor working on a J1 and decide to self petitpon to a Green Card, what happens to my current visa? Can I continue working? What if they want to extend my J1 after I’ve applied for the Green Card?
- EB1A RFE
- Green card for F1 visa
- Is self-petition strictly for PhDs?
- Green card for master’s students
- Chances of converting into either H1 or Green card while on J1
- Question on Phd in Engg Management and Green card
- F1 trying to self-petition
- EB1A not current for Indians anymore?
- I only have a few publication.
- Is the packet updated after the recent change (Dhanasar)?