I’m now living in us under J1 visa without 2 years requirement. My question is: Is it possible to apply directly from J1 to green card? Or I must transfer to H1B before applying for green card?
If I am a professor working on a J1 and decide to self petitpon to a Green Card, what happens to my current visa? Can I continue working? What if they want to extend my J1 after I’ve applied for the Green Card?
My story in nutshell:
Indian national married to Polish national. PhD from Ireland. Applied for J1 (J2 for wife as well) from Ireland. My visa and the ds2019 came with ‘Not subjected to 212e’.
Now I am 2 and 1/2 years into the visa and its time for me to move to another place. So my J1 needs to be transferred. However the issue now is that with this transfer, I am afraid that we might become subjected to the 212e rule especially because at my new place i will be funded by an US govt agency. Can you please… Continue reading
- Maintaining F1 status while I 485 is pending
- Question related to Do-it-yourself package
- Eligibility for EB1A and EB2 NIW and processing duration of the application
- F1 applying for greencard under EB2 NIW
- J-1 waiver and other questions
- Applying for the green card under EB1-EA category while working under the OPT STEM extension.
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- GC FOR EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
- Process after EB1A approval