I’m an incoming Ph.D student in Computer Science at New York University (starting Fall 2017), and was wondering how I might go about applying for a US Green Card as a Ph.D student, say in 2-3 years from now. I already have 1 publication at a top-tier journal, and completed/will complete internships at Google & Facebook. I’m willing to pay for a consultation fee if required. Many thanks in advance!
I am filing I-140 in EB1A. Earlier my employer had filed I-140 under EB2 and I have approved I-140 with priority date of Nov 2010.
Now while filling I-140 form, in Part 4, question 6 – Has any immigration Visa Petition filed by or for this person? Should I say yes and if Yes then what kind of additional document I need to submit?
I am almost ready to file my I-140 application for EB-1A. However, I am faced with a dilemma whether to go for premium processing or not. Is it true or have you heard of a recent trend that with PP, cases are much more likely to receive an RFE/NOID, specifically at the Nebraska Service Center?
- General enquiry on Green Card application process
- Applying for Green card while studying
- Eligibility for EB1A and EB2 NIW and processing duration of the application
- H1 transfer
- Applying for a Green Card as a student
- Process after EB1A approval
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Vehicle Safety Integration
- Help me decide between EB1A or EB2 NIW.
- EB1A evidence evaluation -- PhD in safety engineering