I have 5 publications and about >10 conference presentations/proceedings. In addition I have awards and fellowship from a National Lab. But I only have about 10 citations since my papers are all recently published and I have not done any review work for journals, but I have been a judge at an international conference.
In your opinion do I have enough for EB1A? All the posts here seem to be focused on review work and citations and I was wondering how important that aspect is in the application. Additionally, I am confident I would be able to get 6-8… Continue reading
Thanks for providing detailed help on these website. I have two questions. First, let me give some background as mine is slightly different.
I finished my PhD in Computer Engineering from a top 10 school in the US and towards the end of my PhD started a company that commercializes my dissertation research. As part of the startup, I wrote a research proposal as sole principal investigator that won a SBIR Phase I grant from NSF of $150K. I also raised other funding from state government and private sources of another $200K. Can the NSF grant be considered as a nationally… Continue reading
Your experiences definitely provides a lot of encouragement. I wanted to know if my following profile might be eligible for EB1A for self petition-
- US PhD graduate, Postdoc at reputed university (6months), 4 publications, 17 citations, 4 manuscript reviews for 2 international journals, national fellowship grant during PhD, 5 oral presentation invitations in international conferences during PhD, numerous best presentation and abstract awards, outstanding graduate student award and international MD degree.
- Eligibility: F1 student on OPT
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Green card procedure for J1 visa
- December Visa Bulletin
- GC application when J1 is about to end
- Are the packets hard or electronic copies?
- I-485 application and affidavit of support
- Will my profile be eligible for EB1 category
- Optional practical training and i-140 application
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition