As most people in your website I am thinking about self-petitioning without an employer or the help of a lawyer.
I have recently completed PhD in Physics from university of Exeter, UK. I have joined my husband who lives in bay area and I currently hold an H4 visa. Although there are lot of job opportunities but I am not eligible to work due to my work status.
- Just completed Phd and planning to self-petition
- Visa Bulletin for June 2014
- F1 and green card
- Question: Masters and EB2
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- Green card chances: I am planning to go for Phd in Psychology
- Applying for the green card under EB1-EA category while working under the OPT STEM extension.
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- Pending I-140 travel on F1 or Advanced parole
- Can post-doc be considered permanent position