I am working as postdoctoral fellow at Upenn on J1 visa and my husband is on J2 (works based on his J2-EAD).This is our second year in J1 and dont have waiver for the same. My University extends my J1 every year and so is my husband EAD gets extended. I want to file formy Green card and so will apply for i140. Once it is approved i am planning to apply for waiver and then GC. My question are:
1.How long it takes fir i140 approval in EB1 and EB2 catogery?
2. Since once I apply for waiver, i cannot extend my J1 and J2. So on what status will i be till i get my GC? Am i eligible to stay on my Postdoc in the same lab as After waiver application I cannot extend my J1?
3. How can my husband continue to work since he wont be eligible for EAD application based on J2 and his job is very essential for my family living.
Please suggest us the ways and prcocess so that I can get my GC in time without either of us loosing our jobs.
One Response to Postdoctoral fellow
- eligible phd's for green card
- Are the packets hard or electronic copies?
- What work basis do I choose for my petition?
- Vehicle Safety Engineer
- Applying for greencard while on OPT
- Green card for PH.D. In English Literature
- EB1a Chances
- Indian National applying for a EB2-NIW?
- GC with my background