Phd degree and Green Card
In short the answer is yes. That said Phd is neither a requirement nor guarantee to get a greencard in niw or eb1a categories. But most of the time, the work performed during a phd help as evidence in one of these categories. So one can self-petition without a sponsor. Best is to review uscis criteria and some example petitions at
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- What is your suggestion on e-filing I-140?
- Am I eligible to apply for EB1A
- I-140 Priority date not maintained from previous EB2 filing
- F1 OPT to GC
- I-485 impact on F1 status
- Do I need to send a 750B along with EB2-NIW
- EB2-NIW or EB1A?
- Assistant Professor interested in green card application
- Self petition and medical Phd student