Blog for Postdocs / Phds, National Interest Waiver, Extraordinary Ability

Disclaimer: The contents in this web site are only for your information and are not intended to be legal advice. While many of our applicants successfully obtain their I-140 approvals, the information here should not be considered as a guarantee of your green card application outcome.

Apply green card from J1 visa(no 2 years required)


I’m now living in us under J1 visa without 2 years requirement. My question is: Is it possible to apply directly from J1 to green card? Or I must transfer to H1B before applying for green card?

One Response to Apply green card from J1 visa(no 2 years required)

  • Tigran Kalaydzhyan says:

    Yes, it is fine to apply for the green card with J1. Please keep in mind that once you file I-140, it may not be possible to extend J1 due to the conflict of intents (immigrant vs. non-immigrant)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *