Request for pointers to approach Green Card Application
First of all I would like to thank you for your community based effort to address questions for Green Card Application. Big thumbs up.
Below, I have stated my wife and my background, followed by questions.
Here is my background
– M.S, PhD in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Tech ( Department ranked in top 6 every year)
– 8 Research papers(4 with first author) in well recognized IEEE conference and Journals with about 16 citations
– Presented 3 posters and 1 invited talk in top conferences
– Presently employed at Qualcomm with 2 years of work experience in their most profitable product division. Develop futuristic products.
– Active reviewer for papers every year at the top conference. Reviewed about 10 papers so far.
– I can obtain recommendations from IEEE Fellows and well qualified and known Industry leaders (from my prior work experience)
Here is my wife’s background
– MS from avg. ranked university and currently completing her PhD from UC Berkeley in Metabolic Biology
– 3 years of Research Associate position at Harward
– Published all through her career : 5 research papers (one is top journal) with about 60 citations in total
– One award at UC Berkeley in a research display competition
– 2 invited talk (one international and one in US)
– Teaching experience for 4 years at UC Berkeley as a TA
– Can get recommendations from well recognized researchers in her field internationally
I have following options with higher priority coming first
(1) File employer based EB1 for me (2) File self-petition based EB1 for my wife and/or me (3) File self-petition based EB2-NIW for my wife or me
My employer is evaluating my background for (1). Lets say, they recommend filing in EB2-NIW (employer based).
Meanwhile, can you please suggest which one of us would be a better candidate for (2) and/or (3). We both are Indian citizens.
One Response to Request for pointers to approach Green Card Application
- EB1A not current for Indians anymore?
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- PhD graduate looking at different options
- What is your suggestion on e-filing I-140?
- Can I apply on my own?
- Am I eligible for applying for EB-2A, NIW, or EB1 while a PhD student?
- EB1a high salary
- Eligibility for EB1A green card application
- Eligible for NIW complete PhD in india
- Professor on a J1