Applying for I-485 while i-140 is pending
We previously had few email iterations, and eventually I ended up doing my I-140 through an attorney. Long story short, after my H1-B got approved, my employer had to relocate me in Nebraska. As I was based in New York and my wife started schooling, this completely messed our planning. With my work schedule and everything around, I had to go through the same attorney who did my H1-B.
I am seeking EB2-NIW and my application was received by USCIS on the 13th of May. I got the notification to verify my birthdate and etc. I asked my attorney to respond, and soon after got to know that they can not represent me since the G-28 form filled was expired. Afterwards I had to call USCIS and provide the correct information. It has been very quite afterwards, and I am expecting to hear back anytime soon.
In the meantime I researched on my own and prepared everything required for the adjustment of status. Everything is ready to go, and we (me and my wife) are hoping to send it before the I-140 is approved. We feel that USCIS passed the time that they would send a letter requesting for further proof. Therefore assuming everything will go well, we are willing to take the risk and send our documents as I want to move back to New York (after getting the EAD) before my wife’s semester starts in August. (I can be in New York until the end of 3rd week of September). In doing so I have few questions that I would like to hear your opinion on
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Eligibility for applying under EB1A
- NIW and OPT AR
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- TN Visa to EB2NIW
- Do I need to have reached the highest position in my career to be eligible to apply in EB1A category?
- Planning to do a Phd and apply for a Green Card
- Suitable category for a PhD from abroad.
- Phd from an other country