GC with my background
I did my Masters in Biological Sciences in the top Indian research Institute (I’m an Indian citizen). Then I came to Netherlands to pursue my PhD. I just finished my PhD (2008-2015). During my PhD, I have published 4 first author publications in tier 1 journal and 1 first author review in tier 2 journal with citation index of ~30. I received outstanding researcher award nationally (Dutch society of thrombosis and haemostasis) and young investigator award in international conference. I presented (oral and poster) my work at both national and international platforms. Now, I am looking for post doctoral positions and I’m on H4 visa. My husband is on H1B visa since 1.5 yrs.
I have few questions:
1) For which category can I apply for GC (EB2 or EB1)
2) With this background, can I self sponsor my application or I need an employer
3) Do I need to stay in US to apply for GC or I can apply from my parent country or Netherlands and how would that impact the length of processing time?
4) Fees required to self sponsor in both the categories.
5) % Chance of getting an approval
6) What more documents can I add (eg. reference letters etc.) to strengthen my application.
I highly appreciate your reply.
2 Responses to GC with my background
- MD, with MS fom USA and PhD student
- What green card application options does a postdoc have?
- In case if my self petition rejected, is it possible to go through employer?
- my chances in obtaining EB1A
- Which visa do I need to work in the USA?
- Green card for master’s students
- EB2 NIW
- Paper Authorship
- EB2-NIW or EB1A?
- Am i eligible for EB1-A Extraordinary Ability