The iCERT Portal System For LCA And PERM Filings
Applies to: Green card and H1B applications requiring labor certification.
- Instant online labor condition applications (LCA) approvals no longer possible with the new system
- Unified system for both LCA and PERM
- Time line: some forms start processing on April 15, 2009
- Employer identification number (EIN) required
- Full time job is at least 35 hrs of work per week
- Multiple work locations can be listed on LC
In 2009, the Department of Labor Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) plans to implement a new portal system called iCERT for LCA and PERM filings. The iCERT system will require employers or attorneys to create a user account, from which they will be able to file both LCAs and PERM applications. LCA functionality will be added first, followed later by PERM functionality.
Once the system is up and running, all employers and attorneys or agents will have to set up new accounts in the iCERT system as no current LCA or PERM login data will transfer to the new system.
Read about implications
- Applying for Green card while studying
- Deciding between EB1A and NIW
- F1 and green card
- Eligibility for EB1A green card application
- Student applying in EB2-NIW
- PhD graduate looking at different options
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa
- Which visa do I need to work in the USA?