Self help packets

Recent Posts

Can I apply my own? What green card application options does a postdoc have? USCIS delays rule changing list of documents acceptable to verify employment eligibility

Yearly Archives

Self petitioning by PhDs with degree’s from other countries

Published Apr 24,2012 By GCforPhD


To Whom It May Concern:

I am wondering if the self-petition categories are related to American PhDs only. Could it also count for Russian PhDs, for instance?

Many thanks for your time!


The self-petition categories, EB1A and EB2-NIW are not restricted to US degree holders. Anyone satisfying the requirements set by USCIS for exceptional ability or national interest can apply. Please see the conditions mentioned by USCIS in these categories (USCIS website or our website). Petitioners with degrees from other countries have also successfully applied.

Our packets are made from successful petitions and the examples are of a person with a US degree. But the approach is applicable to persons of non-US degree as well.

Posted in FAQ

Self help packets

Recent Posts

Approved NIW I-140

Recent Posts

I-140 and J1 home residency rule

Recent Posts

Public Policy researcher

Recent Posts

Approved I-140