Green card awarded
This is my way to express my sincere gratitude to the Team of GreenCardforPhD.
The Team provided me with all the support I needed from the start to completion of the application.
I had only four strong references: three from previous PhD instructors/mentors, and one from a Professor of The Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium. The latter cited one of the journal articles I authored. My strength pertained to the fact that my PhD research was on behalf of NASA. It resolved a long-standing (more than 30 years) and very controversial issue.
I made sure I fulfill the minimum requirements, and I just had to follow strictly the instructions and templates offered by the Team.
The application package included the I-140, the I-785, and the I-485 at once. Within three months, my I-140 for EB2-NIW was approved, and I received the Employment card less than two weeks later. The I-485 however had taken more time than expected, due to two RFEs:
(1) one error I made when filling out the judiciary part of the application: this caused my case to be transferred from Nebraska to Baltimore (I leave 40 miles from that field center) for a direct interview. After that interview, the case was transferred to Texas for, according to the notice sent to me, a faster processing. The time wasted (about 8 months) could have been avoided if I used the service of an Immigration Lawyer, but they charge too much for my pocket!
(2) the expiration of my medical examination: this expires after one year, and had to be renewed
Once I complied with that second RFE, I received the I-485 notice of approval six weeks later. The actual GC arrived within two weeks.
The whole process lasted nearly 2 years, but could’ve been less than a year if I did not make the above mentioned mistake.
The golden rule is PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE, and NO PANIC!
TEAM GREENCARDFORPHD, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I OWE YOU BIG. I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL TO YOU.
David Voglozin, PhD.
One Response to Green card awarded
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Journal publications and green card application
- Questions for the EB1A DIY product
- how to do ph.d
- Interested in buying diy kit
- Applying for greencard while on OPT
- Does advanced degree NIW require a permanent job offer?
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application