J2 visa to EB2 through employer
I am a post-doc on a J1 visa. My wife works for a company on her J2 visa and they would like to sponsor her Green Card. I have applied for the J-1 waiver and my application is being processed by the USCIS (have already received Favorable recommendation). My question now is, with our DS2019 expiring 28th February 2019, can she apply for an EB2 without converting her J2 into an H-1B? Does she have to maintain either a J or an H-1 status till the processing is complete? Also would that affect my chances of applying for a Green Card later through my University? Please let me know.
One Response to J2 visa to EB2 through employer
- Visa Bulletin for June 2014
- Self Petition for Greencard under EB1A
- EB-1A NIW
- Green card and Masters student
- Request for the Molecular biology material package
- EB-1A evaluation (Pharmaceutical research background)
- Applying NIW from outside of the USA
- Applied for EB1A. Should I apply for J1 or H1B?