Ph.D. Student Applying for EB-1A
I am currently a Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering student from India in my final year at a university in US. I have my B.Sc and M.Sc also from US universities. I wanted to know if I can make a strong case / satisfy requirement for EB1-A. My achievements are:
- Nine journal papers (six as first author, two invited papers) with six more coming this year
- 16 conference papers (2 invited papers)
- 69 total citations
- Member of three engineering societies (one honor society)
- Editor of a fairly new journal
- Reviewed 10 papers for five different journals
- Won first place at three international competitions held by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Awarded student member of the year by American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Masters and Ph.D. work was funded by DARPA, US Department of Energy and NASA
- Appearances in two ASME magazines
- My work was in articles on various companies’ website
My worry is that all of my qualifications are from school and I have no industry experience. What are my chances for a successful petition for EB1A.
One Response to Ph.D. Student Applying for EB-1A
- adjustment of status and I-765
- Question: Can I apply?
- My Eb1a I-140 approved. Which documents should my husband fill?
- Applying for green card while on OPT
- Eligibility for EB1-a
- Query about EB2-NIW
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- Does my phd need to be in STEM field?
- Birth certificate during I-485 application
- Self Petition for Greencard under EB1A