Self help packets

Recent Posts

Can I apply my own? What green card application options does a postdoc have? USCIS delays rule changing list of documents acceptable to verify employment eligibility

Yearly Archives


Published Mar 25,2017 By Vish

Dear Sir, 

My name is Vish, Currently working in one of the consulting company in US with the H1-B Visa. After i have got my H1-B completed my masters from India and currently pursuing my Ph.D in Internet of things and will be expected to complete my PHD in next year end. 

As i am doing my research in Ph.D. Am i eligible to get process my Green card with the Ph.D Qualification?  

Please let me know and help me here and let us know if you require any other information. 




Posted in H1B
Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Tigran Kalaydzhyan
Tigran Kalaydzhyan
7 years ago

Hi Vish,

Having a PhD does not automatically qualify you for the green card. Please have a look at the EB1A and EB2NIW criteria on this website (links below)
If you were born in India, then EB1A is, practically, the only alternative for you, since the NIW requires several years of waiting times, even if your petition is approved. Please feel free to ask further questions in this thread

Self help packets

Recent Posts

Approved NIW I-140

Recent Posts

I-140 and J1 home residency rule

Recent Posts

Public Policy researcher

Recent Posts

Approved I-140