PhD graduate looking at different options
I graduated with a PhD last year, and I am currently working as a research and development manager for a reputed firm. I did get hired before my graduation, so I am currently working for a company for about two years. My H1B visa application is currently under review, and I was looking at different options for permanent residency. My current employer is willing to file my case through EB2 Advance degree option (since I was born in India there is a backlog there). I am currently weighing different options but I need your opinion on this matter
- I am listed as a co-author on two journal articles with couple of citations. This work was later on awarded a US patent, but I am not listed as one of the inventor due to the sensitive nature of the research (non citizenship).
- I have been listed as a principle investigator on one of the research proposal, which got funded by national agency.
- I worked on an industry (DoD) funded projects through my PhD, so most of the work can not be published. But I can obtain recommendation from that industry folks.
- I am in process of publishing more journal articles for some of the additional work that I have finished during my PhD
- Since my PhD is focused in a very specific type of industry, I have received couple of awards that are well recognized in the field (but not globally recognized).
- I did represent my institute as a council member for a term at a well know government funding agency.
- I have several conference papers and poster presentations.
- I can obtain all the required recommendation letters from well reputed reference (Domestic and International).
I have asked an attorney who recently filled my H1B application about applying through EB1/EB2NIW, and her response was bit confusing. Let me know what you guys think,
3 Responses to PhD graduate looking at different options
- TN Visa to EB2NIW
- EB1A Approval Chances
- Groups, societies and associations
- Procedure to apply under NIW and EB1A
- EB1 Petition approval
- I-140 together with I-765 for H4 dependent spouse to get a working permit
- A request for information: PhD candidate in Media
- Query about EB2-NIW
- Information on NIW applicatiom
- Suitable category for a PhD from abroad.