EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
Thanks for providing detailed help on these website. I have two questions. First, let me give some background as mine is slightly different.
I finished my PhD in Computer Engineering from a top 10 school in the US and towards the end of my PhD started a company that commercializes my dissertation research. As part of the startup, I wrote a research proposal as sole principal investigator that won a SBIR Phase I grant from NSF of $150K. I also raised other funding from state government and private sources of another $200K. Can the NSF grant be considered as a nationally recognized award? I have 1 US issued patent and 3 US patent applications pending. I have 14 publications, out of which 6 published at top venues in my field and have over 110 citations according to Google Scholar.
I am on OPT and haven’t changed my visa status from F1 yet. My lawyer said I better apply for O1 before applying for EB1 EA. My questions are as follow:
1. Have you heard of successful cases in which the candidate got green card through EB1 EA while on OPT (F1- visa)?
2. Based on your experience, how strong will my application for EB1 EA, assuming I can get 6 to 10 strong letters from mentors and outside experts?
One Response to EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
- F1 and green card application
- Which criteria to use for EB2-NIW while preparing the petition
- Apply for OPT before or after EB1A petition
- EB1A - PhD & Lecturer
- PhD in Psychology, can I apply for Green card while on a H4 visa status?
- EB1 Petition approval
- Can a DMA student apply for green card
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa