Self help packets

Recent Posts

Can I apply my own? What green card application options does a postdoc have? USCIS delays rule changing list of documents acceptable to verify employment eligibility

Yearly Archives

If I drop out of Phd program, can I still apply for a Green Card?

Published Mar 31,2013 By GCforPhD


I am on F1 visa enrolled in a PhD program from Fall 2008.I have to enroll only thesis credit hours (10 credit hrs. remained only).  I do not have any classes to attend now

I have completed 65 cr. hours out of 75 cr. hours

Presently I am working on OPT from last 6 Months. My h1 b file this month

I am trying to finish my PhD in a next one year. But not sure.

If I can’t finish my PhD study due to some complex research problem

1. Can I file for (me & my family)   EB2-NIW for incomplete  PhD study?



EB2-NIW can be filed by anyone who satisfies the USCIS requirements for national interest. PhD is not really a USCIS requirement. Our website and example packets are designed for PhDs because during the course of their work they satisfy a many of USCIS requirements.

So the short answer is you could file as long as you satisfy these requirements.

Posted in F1

Self help packets

Recent Posts


Recent Posts

Associate Research Scientist

Recent Posts


Recent Posts

Can I have an ead with eb2 niw approved?