Can I apply for GC as a student
I was just curious to know if I can apply for GC via selfpetition or do I have to go through the process of applying H1B Visa after completion.
I am a student in Univeristy of xxxx, doing my Ph.D in Biotech working on plant virus.
Would appreciate your response
It is possible to apply for a green card while on an F1 visa. However, since filing I-140 implies an intent to immigrate, you will not be able to renew your F1 visa. This is a problem if green card petition is rejected (either i-140 or i-485) or significantly delayed and in the meantime you still want to continue on an F1. So you should only apply 1) if you are sure of i-140 approval and 2) if you are sure that you do not need a F1 renewal before your 485 is approved. These issues do not exist if you are on a H1B visa.
Best of luckSincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Can I apply for GC as a student
- Student planning to self-petition for a green card
- Ms from US, PhD scholarship from US, but no more than one publication!! should I apply or just wait?
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- h4 I-485
- Applying for Green card while studying
- Eligibility: F1 student on OPT
- Apply green card from J1 visa(no 2 years required)
- PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- EB1 Eligibility
- Foreign PHD - Green card visa process