I am a Biomedical Engineer, doing a Postdoc in Los Angeles with a J1 visa (no two year home country residence requirement, since I am not paid with government funding, and my home country is not on the skill list). My visa and DS2019 were initially: March 2016-March 2018, same dates are present in my husband’s EAD, since, as a J2, he is actually using it for working. I have recently got a DS2019 extension from my sponsor, up to 2020, but my husband can ask for EAD renewal just 6 months before the expiration of the actual one,… Continue reading
Hello Green Card for Phd,
I am a postdoc in US with J1 visa without 2 years residency requirement. My wife is in J2 and also without residency requirement. My question is if I am able to get my Green card through EB1A, can she also get a green card as well?
Additionally, when I am applying for EB1A, will I be in J1 status and my wife is in J2?
The usual procedure is that the primary applicant (you) applies for I-140 and the derivative (your wife and children) and primary apply for I-485. Both of you would get green cards after… Continue reading
- NIW + F1 OPT/ STEM Returning to country of citizenship
- i140 petition and EAD
- I only have a few publication.
- Phd from an other country
- Assistant Professor on B1/B2. Can I self-petition?
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
- Student planning to self-petition for a green card
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR