Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
I am J2 and my husband is on J1. He is also the primary applicant for GC and has received his I140 approval.
However our J visa validity ends on 30th Sep,2017. We would like to know can J2 stay back post Sep if I-485 approval is not received until end of Sep,2017 ?
Helpful response will be much appreciated!
I am a Biomedical Engineer, doing a Postdoc in Los Angeles with a J1 visa (no two year home country residence requirement, since I am not paid with government funding, and my home country is not on the skill list). My visa and DS2019 were initially: March 2016-March 2018, same dates are present in my husband’s EAD, since, as a J2, he is actually using it for working. I have recently got a DS2019 extension from my sponsor, up to 2020, but my husband can ask for EAD renewal just 6 months before the expiration of the actual one,… Continue reading
Hello Green Card for Phd,
- Phd for green card
- Chances of EB-1
- Self Petition for Greencard under EB1A
- Divorce - EB2 NIW Holder
- PhD graduate looking at different options
- adjustment of status and I-765
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- how strong are my Credentials are for EB1A
- GC FOR EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY
- Apply for OPT before or after EB1A petition