Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
Dear GCforPhD Rep,
I have received my green card in 2012, thanks to the very helpful information from your website. Then I am married in 2014 and started living in my country as an Asst Prof. I have kept my GC active by entering the US regularly. Two weeks ago, I have filed the I-130 form to apply GC for my wife and received a receipt number. I read in some blogs, it may take a very long time (about 18-24 months visa wait list) for my wife to come to the US. Meanwhile, I moved to the US and I’m negotiating on a job offer.
My question is: Is there any faster way to bring my wife to the US, instead of 18-24 month wait list. Can she come with a student/tourist visa?
One Response to Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
- NIW EB2 greencard application
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- NIW: Do I need recommendation letters from my manager?
- EB2 NIW pending, H1b six years expiring soon
- Research Assistant Professor
- Applying for green card while a PhD student
- I-485 submission along with I-140 and EAD
- General question on eligibility for Green Card application