EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
Thanks for providing detailed help on these website. I have two questions. First, let me give some background as mine is slightly different.
I finished my PhD in Computer Engineering from a top 10 school in the US and towards the end of my PhD started a company that commercializes my dissertation research. As part of the startup, I wrote a research proposal as sole principal investigator that won a SBIR Phase I grant from NSF of $150K. I also raised other funding from state government and private sources of another $200K. Can the NSF grant be considered as a nationally recognized award? I have 1 US issued patent and 3 US patent applications pending. I have 14 publications, out of which 6 published at top venues in my field and have over 110 citations according to Google Scholar.
I am on OPT and haven’t changed my visa status from F1 yet. My lawyer said I better apply for O1 before applying for EB1 EA. My questions are as follow:
1. Have you heard of successful cases in which the candidate got green card through EB1 EA while on OPT (F1- visa)?
2. Based on your experience, how strong will my application for EB1 EA, assuming I can get 6 to 10 strong letters from mentors and outside experts?
One Response to EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
- Will my profile be eligible for EB1 category
- Can post-doc be considered permanent position
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition
- Do I need to do a PostDoc to apply for a green crad?
- PHD student
- Student 15 publications applying for green card
- J1 Visa and NIW
- Need help on deciding between NIW-EB2 and O1
- Assistant Professor interested in green card application
- Planning to do a Phd and apply for a Green Card