Can J2 stay if J1 I140 is approved however not yet I 485 is granted and J visa expires within a month from receiving I 140 approval?
I am J2 and my husband is on J1. He is also the primary applicant for GC and has received his I140 approval.
However our J visa validity ends on 30th Sep,2017. We would like to know can J2 stay back post Sep if I-485 approval is not received until end of Sep,2017 ?
Helpful response will be much appreciated!
First of all, thank you very much for doing great job. I enjoyed navigating through your website.
I went through various questions on your blog as well as I have traversed through USCIS information on obtaining green card. Before asking my question, I would like to detail about me, which goes as follows.
I am a Nepalese national, currently pursuing PhD in United States on F-1 visa and I am accompanied by my spouse who is on F-2 visa. My visa is valid until mid of 2019. I completed my MS in Electrical Engineering, also from US. Additionally… Continue reading
- Applying for the green card under EB1-EA category while working under the OPT STEM extension.
- Phd for green card
- Indian National applying for a EB2-NIW?
- Chances of success in EB1A/NIW self-petition
- EB1A RFE response and chances of approval
- Self petition eligibility
- Planning to do a Phd and apply for a Green Card
- STEM OPT
- When should I file for my wife's I-485?