I just came across this amazing informative website. Thank you so much for the advice and help.
I am a postdoctoral fellow currently (only 3 months in) and I am in my OPT (STEM). My F1 visa has expired and my current employer, a pharma company, offered to sponsor for green card. They didn’t tell me the category or much details yet, so I am wondering how much time would the process take. I want to go to my home country, Sri Lanka, in April 2018, and I have heard that it is very risky to apply F-1 visa stamp again and there is a good chance that I will get rejected.
My questions are,
- Can I apply for the green card through the company, and get a travel document so that I can travel in April 2018? I plan to apply as soon as possible.
- If I traveled while the green card application is in process, is my application still valid?
- How do I determine which category I am going to apply, or is it the sponsor who decides that?
Thank you so much in advance!
One Response to Postdoctoral Fellow
- A friend of mine with masters in EE would like to self-petition
- EB1A Eligibility
- Do I need a waiver to apply for EB2 NIW I-140?
- NIW and OPT AR
- Regarding GC to be filed under PHD Educational Qualification
- Research Associate
- PhD graduate on OPT status
- Should I apply in EB1A or EB2NIW?
- I am a PhD in H4 status and would like to apply in EB1A