PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
I am a PhD student, with only 2 conference publications. At the end of my PhD I might expect few more conference publications/ proceedings and 2 journal papers. I have 4 years of industrial experience in hometown raising from an Engineer level to Senior Engineer level.
I have two questions:
Will my qualification seem sufficient enough to apply immediately? If not, when would be appropriate? Typically how many journal publications does applicants possess? Will those publications based in U.S has more weight?
I am right now on F1 visa. If I do not get approved at this time, will I still remain on F1? Can I still opt for regular F1 to OPT to H1?
If I apply when I am in OPT, and if its gets rejected; will my status continue in OPT.
(I am aware that if I am in H1 visa and if the Green card petition gets rejected then I can still continue on H1 until my visa expires)
Please help me.
One Response to PhD students currently on F1 can apply for EB1A or EB2-NIW
- my chances in obtaining EB1A
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering on STEM extension - Would like to apply for a green card in EB2 NIW category
- H1B extension and I-140 petition
- Foreign PHD - Green card visa process
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- Assistant Professor on B1/B2. Can I self-petition?
- EB2-NIV for Indian F1-OPT student