Traveling to Saint Thomas on pending Green Card without AP.
So I applied for my green card through marriage this 24 April 2017. I was on F-1 visa, I graduated last May 2016 from my university and my OPT ended this month (May 2017) I applied for Advance Parole travel documents but I don’t think they will be here any soon for my trip and I want to travel to US VIRGIN ISLANDS, Saint Thomas for 6 days.
My flight is directly from NYC to Saint Thomas. I’m flying from JFK to STT and my return is the same. I won’t be leaving the US territory for my trip but I am worried about if I will have to go through the customs and borders protection in NYC when I am back because I still don’t have my advance parole or proof or residence. I have social security number, I have my foreign passport and my F-1 visa says its valid till 2018 but since I don’t have my I-20 anymore (because I graduated last year) I can’t re-enter US with it.
So will I be able to fly US virgin islands and come back without advance parole like a domestic flight? On USCIS website it says I don’t need advance parole for US Virgin islands but on some forms it said I will have to go through the customs and I might not be able to re-entry US..
One Response to Traveling to Saint Thomas on pending Green Card without AP.
- Visa Bulletin for November 2012
- Procedure to apply for greencard
- Journal publications and green card application
- Russian Green card applicant
- Greencard application question.
- EB1A Successful RFE Response
- PhD in Psychology, can I apply for Green card while on a H4 visa status?
- STEM degree?
- Questions about adjustments to the I-140
- F1 trying to self-petition