Request for pointers to approach Green Card Application
First of all I would like to thank you for your community based effort to address questions for Green Card Application. Big thumbs up.
Below, I have stated my wife and my background, followed by questions.
Here is my background
– M.S, PhD in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Tech ( Department ranked in top 6 every year)
– 8 Research papers(4 with first author) in well recognized IEEE conference and Journals with about 16 citations
– Presented 3 posters and 1 invited talk in top conferences
– Presently employed at Qualcomm with 2 years of work experience in their most profitable product division. Develop futuristic products.
– Active reviewer for papers every year at the top conference. Reviewed about 10 papers so far.
– I can obtain recommendations from IEEE Fellows and well qualified and known Industry leaders (from my prior work experience)
Here is my wife’s background
– MS from avg. ranked university and currently completing her PhD from UC Berkeley in Metabolic Biology
– 3 years of Research Associate position at Harward
– Published all through her career : 5 research papers (one is top journal) with about 60 citations in total
– One award at UC Berkeley in a research display competition
– 2 invited talk (one international and one in US)
– Teaching experience for 4 years at UC Berkeley as a TA
– Can get recommendations from well recognized researchers in her field internationally
I have following options with higher priority coming first
(1) File employer based EB1 for me (2) File self-petition based EB1 for my wife and/or me (3) File self-petition based EB2-NIW for my wife or me
My employer is evaluating my background for (1). Lets say, they recommend filing in EB2-NIW (employer based).
Meanwhile, can you please suggest which one of us would be a better candidate for (2) and/or (3). We both are Indian citizens.
One Response to Request for pointers to approach Green Card Application
- How do I pay application fee from Canada
- My Eb1a I-140 approved. Which documents should my husband fill?
- F1 to GC: First year PhD student looking for information on applying for GC.
- When should I file for my wife's I-485?
- DBA and Green card
- DIY packet
- Green card and PHD
- Assistant Professor on B1/B2. Can I self-petition?
- Received a letter requesting the ETA-750
- NIW success