Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
Dear GCforPhD Rep,
I have received my green card in 2012, thanks to the very helpful information from your website. Then I am married in 2014 and started living in my country as an Asst Prof. I have kept my GC active by entering the US regularly. Two weeks ago, I have filed the I-130 form to apply GC for my wife and received a receipt number. I read in some blogs, it may take a very long time (about 18-24 months visa wait list) for my wife to come to the US. Meanwhile, I moved to the US and I’m negotiating on a job offer.
My question is: Is there any faster way to bring my wife to the US, instead of 18-24 month wait list. Can she come with a student/tourist visa?
One Response to Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
- Green card and Masters student
- Green card procedure for J1 visa
- General question
- Applying for Green card through EB1A category while on J visa
- How strong are my credential foe EB1A
- January visa bulletin
- What is the criteria for EB1?
- Can I apply before I joint a PhD program?
- IT teacher and Green card self-petition
- how strong are my Credentials are for EB1A