Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
Dear GCforPhD Rep,
I have received my green card in 2012, thanks to the very helpful information from your website. Then I am married in 2014 and started living in my country as an Asst Prof. I have kept my GC active by entering the US regularly. Two weeks ago, I have filed the I-130 form to apply GC for my wife and received a receipt number. I read in some blogs, it may take a very long time (about 18-24 months visa wait list) for my wife to come to the US. Meanwhile, I moved to the US and I’m negotiating on a job offer.
My question is: Is there any faster way to bring my wife to the US, instead of 18-24 month wait list. Can she come with a student/tourist visa?
One Response to Getting married after green card – I-130 Petition
- Response period after completion of biometrics
- What are my chances in EB1a?
- Green card procedure for J1 visa
- PhD candidate
- Should I apply in EB1A or EB2NIW?
- how strong are my Credentials are for EB1A
- Phd and green card application timing
- Am I eligible for Eb1A
- Post-doc applying for green card from Canada