I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
First, let me thank you. I got recently approved i-140 through NIW, using your package. I am on J1 visa and I am applying for adjustment of status. Do I have to file i-765 in order to keep working for my current institution? And what will be the expiration date on the EAD card if my husband who is on J2 visa files i-765 with i-485?
I work in uiniversity now can I still stay on my J1 and husband will work with the new EAD?
I have heard that it is recommended to stay on J1 while the adjusment of status is pending. Is this correct?
If any one of you use a new EAD then both of your default status is “pending adjustment of status” (ie pendng i-485) and J1, J2 are invalid. So the answer to your first question is no.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
6 Responses to I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- What is the criteria for EB1?
- December Visa Bulletin
- Self-petition with only few publications
- Apply for OPT before or after EB1A petition
- Birth Certificate
- Phd student planning to apply in EB1A category
- Green card application and Phd student in Computer Science
- PhD in vision computing seeking to apply green card
- Self-petition with PhD in Biology
- EB2-NIW or EB1A?