I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
First, let me thank you. I got recently approved i-140 through NIW, using your package. I am on J1 visa and I am applying for adjustment of status. Do I have to file i-765 in order to keep working for my current institution? And what will be the expiration date on the EAD card if my husband who is on J2 visa files i-765 with i-485?
I work in uiniversity now can I still stay on my J1 and husband will work with the new EAD?
I have heard that it is recommended to stay on J1 while the adjusment of status is pending. Is this correct?
If any one of you use a new EAD then both of your default status is “pending adjustment of status” (ie pendng i-485) and J1, J2 are invalid. So the answer to your first question is no.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
4 Responses to I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- Post doctoral research scholar
- Applying for green card while on H4
- Packet information for dependents
- What are my chances in EB1a?
- Visa Bulletin for June 2014
- J1 visa and EB1a application
- GREEN CARD WHILE VISA 01
- Self-petitioning while on F1 visa
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR
- Is one example petition packet sufficient to prepare a petition