I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
First, let me thank you. I got recently approved i-140 through NIW, using your package. I am on J1 visa and I am applying for adjustment of status. Do I have to file i-765 in order to keep working for my current institution? And what will be the expiration date on the EAD card if my husband who is on J2 visa files i-765 with i-485?
I work in uiniversity now can I still stay on my J1 and husband will work with the new EAD?
I have heard that it is recommended to stay on J1 while the adjusment of status is pending. Is this correct?
If any one of you use a new EAD then both of your default status is “pending adjustment of status” (ie pendng i-485) and J1, J2 are invalid. So the answer to your first question is no.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
6 Responses to I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- H1B extension and I-140 petition
- Is one example petition packet sufficient to prepare a petition
- Is there a age limit?
- GC application when J1 is about to end
- Need a guidance on which path EB1A or EB2-NIW
- PhD in Psychology, can I apply for Green card while on a H4 visa status?
- PhD in Physics from US, can I apply for a green card from abroad?
- Pending I-140, can I apply for a H1?
- Applying from outside the USA