Fresh PhD and self-petition
I completed my PhD in December 2014 from an university in the US. My area of concentration is Electrical Engineering. I am planning to apply for the Green Card (self petition) and I am really interested in using your DIY packet. I have some questions to clarify before I apply. I greatly appreciate your advice.
1. Can I apply for the Green Card when I am not employed? Currently I am looking for a job and helping a university professor in his project. Can I apply while I am doing volunteer work?
2. I am planning to travel outside the US in July. Can I submit I-140 petition from US and if get approved, is it possible to complete I-485 outside the US?
3. If not can I apply I-140 while I am out of country?
4. In this situation , which category is the most suitable for me to apply (NIW…EB1 ..?)?
Please help me with your valuable advice.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Post doctoral fellow
- H1 transfer
- F1 applying for greencard under EB2 NIW
- EB1 EA for an entrepreneur with a PhD
- F1 trying to self-petition
- Should i reapply for J2 work permit while waiting for my husbands waiver?
- Am I qualify for EB1 or NIW?
- Procedure to apply for greencard
- In case if my self petition rejected, is it possible to go through employer?
- Question: Reapplying for a green card after a lottery