Fresh PhD and self-petition
I completed my PhD in December 2014 from an university in the US. My area of concentration is Electrical Engineering. I am planning to apply for the Green Card (self petition) and I am really interested in using your DIY packet. I have some questions to clarify before I apply. I greatly appreciate your advice.
1. Can I apply for the Green Card when I am not employed? Currently I am looking for a job and helping a university professor in his project. Can I apply while I am doing volunteer work?
2. I am planning to travel outside the US in July. Can I submit I-140 petition from US and if get approved, is it possible to complete I-485 outside the US?
3. If not can I apply I-140 while I am out of country?
4. In this situation , which category is the most suitable for me to apply (NIW…EB1 ..?)?
Please help me with your valuable advice.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Assistant Profesor
- F1 OPT with PhD in math working for a postdoc in a different department
- Are the packets hard or electronic copies?
- Applying for a GC at the end of a PhD?
- Bank statement of a sponsor in EB1A
- Student 15 publications applying for green card
- Questions about the process
- NIW for educators
- What is photocopy certification? do I need one?
- Graduate Research Assistant