GC with my background
I did my Masters in Biological Sciences in the top Indian research Institute (I’m an Indian citizen). Then I came to Netherlands to pursue my PhD. I just finished my PhD (2008-2015). During my PhD, I have published 4 first author publications in tier 1 journal and 1 first author review in tier 2 journal with citation index of ~30. I received outstanding researcher award nationally (Dutch society of thrombosis and haemostasis) and young investigator award in international conference. I presented (oral and poster) my work at both national and international platforms. Now, I am looking for post doctoral positions and I’m on H4 visa. My husband is on H1B visa since 1.5 yrs.
I have few questions:
1) For which category can I apply for GC (EB2 or EB1)
2) With this background, can I self sponsor my application or I need an employer
3) Do I need to stay in US to apply for GC or I can apply from my parent country or Netherlands and how would that impact the length of processing time?
4) Fees required to self sponsor in both the categories.
5) % Chance of getting an approval
6) What more documents can I add (eg. reference letters etc.) to strengthen my application.
I highly appreciate your reply.
2 Responses to GC with my background
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- I-140 Priority date not maintained from previous EB2 filing
- EB2 NIW application with spouse
- Required number of publications
- Question: Masters and EB2
- January visa bulletin
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- Self petitioning by PhDs with degree’s from other countries
- H1 transfer
- how strong are my Credentials are for EB1A