PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
I am currently pursuing PhD in geophysics from Univ of Houston, TX.
My research is unconventional shales….which I believe of national interest.
I did summer internships with big oil companies like Chevron, Exxon and Conoco Phillips.
I have 2 kids…both are born in US.
I want to apply for Green card….am I eligible to apply as I am still pursuing PhD….
Please look at USCIS criteria for EB2-NIW. You may qualify depending on various other accomplishments. You need to satisfy 3 out of ten criteria and also show that your work (not just the research area) is of national interest. You can see some commonly asked questions at
Your other family status (US born kids) would not affect your application.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
- January visa bulletin
- NIW: Do I need recommendation letters from my manager?
- Canditates who qualify for self-petition
- OPT After Green Card Lottery Application
- Can I apply for GC as a student
- Questions about adjustments to the I-140
- Divorce - EB2 NIW Holder
- Research in medical sciences and NIW
- I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?