PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
I am currently pursuing PhD in geophysics from Univ of Houston, TX.
My research is unconventional shales….which I believe of national interest.
I did summer internships with big oil companies like Chevron, Exxon and Conoco Phillips.
I have 2 kids…both are born in US.
I want to apply for Green card….am I eligible to apply as I am still pursuing PhD….
Please look at USCIS criteria for EB2-NIW. You may qualify depending on various other accomplishments. You need to satisfy 3 out of ten criteria and also show that your work (not just the research area) is of national interest. You can see some commonly asked questions at
Your other family status (US born kids) would not affect your application.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
- Ph.D. Student Applying for EB-1A
- Regarding I-485 for spouse based on approved I-140 NIW
- I-140 NIW approved. Do i need to apply for an EAD?
- Divorce - EB2 NIW Holder
- A friend of mine with masters in EE would like to self-petition
- My chances in obtaining EB 1
- Field of study and Phd
- EB1A evidence evaluation -- PhD in safety engineering
- J1 Visa and NIW
- Starting a company on F1