PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
I am currently pursuing PhD in geophysics from Univ of Houston, TX.
My research is unconventional shales….which I believe of national interest.
I did summer internships with big oil companies like Chevron, Exxon and Conoco Phillips.
I have 2 kids…both are born in US.
I want to apply for Green card….am I eligible to apply as I am still pursuing PhD….
Please look at USCIS criteria for EB2-NIW. You may qualify depending on various other accomplishments. You need to satisfy 3 out of ten criteria and also show that your work (not just the research area) is of national interest. You can see some commonly asked questions at
Your other family status (US born kids) would not affect your application.
Best of luck
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
- How many publications do i need to apply for a green card?
- Applying for a Green Card while a phd student
- USCIS Updates Count of FY2010 H-1B Petition Filings
- Journal publications and green card application
- Eligibility for EB1-a
- Paper Authorship
- Joining PhD and Green card question
- PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW
- Getting married after green card - I-130 Petition
- Postdoc, I want to know processing times