Response period after completion of biometrics
I have applied for green card with the help of your packet. Our EAD and I-131 status says they are approved and we should be getting the cards in the next week. However, our biometric appointment is next week for both of us. Do you have any clue on how long it will take to get a response after the Biometrics on the I-140 and I-485. The case status still says “Case not found”.
This is also in regard to our impending travel to my home country and my H1 B extension due in August. I think I would not have to extend it as I will have the EAD from next week. Could you please throw some light on this regard as well if you have any info?
Thanks again for the package.
As far as we know, I-140 processing is independent of Biometrics. Once I-140 is approved, I-485 is likely be approved within the USCIS suggested processing time for I-485. Most applicants get a response for their I-140 application within the USCIS suggested time. If the response is an RFE then I-140 processing can take additional two more months.
It is safe to use your EAD and AP if your I-140 is approved before your August travel. If I-140 approval is delayed beyond August, the safest approach would be to extend H1B.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Phd from non-US university and green card application
- Multiple i-140
- H1B extension and I-140 petition
- Approved EB1a. Applying with my husband. How long to wait for the interview?
- Can I apply from outside the US
- Researchgate - is it important
- F1 and green card application
- Student applying in EB2-NIW
- Fresh PhD and self-petition
- Postdoc applying in EB1A or EB1-OR