Which processing center should I apply for fast processing of I-140?
Thanks very much for this useful website. I’m in the process of gathering evidence for my petition. I have a few questions.
1. I’m a Canadian citizen born in HK. The EB2 visa bulletin is current for all countries except mainland-born China. I just want to double check that since I was born in HK, I don’t belong to that category, right?
This seems to be a correct interpretation.
2. Is an email- print out of my referees’ comments for one of my publication a good enough evidence?
Yes. You should keep your original emails saved, just in case if the examiner requires the original evidence.
3. From these two websites: (http://www.immigrationwatch.com/uscis-processing-times-I140.html and https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do), it seems that Nebraska has a faster processing time than Texas. But I also read somewhere that Texas is more likely to approve I-140 NIW. What is your recommendation?
According to the recent instruction in I-140, all I-140 for eb1a and eb2-niw are mailed to a TX address, irrespective of your location in the US. So there is no choice in where to file.
Title: Filling I-140 and I-485 separately or together
I have another question. My I-140 is more or less ready. My medical exam is scheduled. Would you suggest that I send in the I-140 first while I wait to complete I-485 or is it better to send everything together if the visa bulletin is current for my nationality?
If you choose to send I-140 then you have to wait for it to get approved before you can send your I-485. Otherwise you can wait and send everything together. The second option is also better if you like to utilize EAD and Advanced Parole.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
- Which visa do I need to work in the USA?
- I cannot decide the category that best fits my case (EB1A or NIW)
- PhD in Physics from US, can I apply for a green card from abroad?
- Applying for green card while a PhD student
- Visa Bulletin for June 2014
- Masters degree and chances of EB1A application
- Independent letter of support for EB2NIW?
- EB1A Eligibility
- Post doctoral fellow