Self petition and medical Phd student
I am interested in applying for Green Card. I graduated from university of Athens, school of medicine. I did my PhD at the same institution (degree expected in early 2012), I have 6 publications and 3 under review, 60 presentations in national and international meetings, currently working in the USA (Boston, MA) on H1b visa, I also received 6 first awards in Greece and I have 2 scholarships.
What do you think my chances are?
Your resume looks strong. A well prepared petition will have a good chance. The right category (EB1a or NIW) depends on your research/work area and your overall evidence.
Can you guide me through the process?
The green card for PhDs website has a self-petition packet that has example petitions. Several people have successfully used these to build their petitions. We help by answering questions which petitioners have.
How long it will take in case it is approved?
GC has two main applications, i-140 and i-485. Generally the first one is quicker. You can find the overall time it takes in the USCIS processing schedules website. This depends on the category you apply to and the country of your origin.
Detailed answers to your questions and most commonly asked questions can be found in pdf format at the link.Sincerely
Green card for Phd Team
Helping NIW and EB1A applications
with our DIY packages
2 Responses to Self petition and medical Phd student
- EB1 A as a PhD student
- Apply for OPT before or after EB1A petition
- Applied for EB1A. Should I apply for J1 or H1B?
- Applying for a GC at the end of a PhD?
- Premium processing issues at Nebraska Service Center
- If I drop out of Phd program, can I still apply for a Green Card?
- Can I apply for a green card in EB1A?
- In case if my self petition rejected, is it possible to go through employer?
- Foreign PHD - Green card visa process
- PhD student would like to apply in EB2 NIW